A Special 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Sale of 150 copies of the Mustang GT/CS Recognition Guide and Owner’s Manual” by Paul M. Newitt
- Gold Embossed seal, and signed and numbered in gold ink
- Large, 3 1/2” diameter Window Decal of 50th Anniversary GT/CS Logo
- Each copy will receive a special “1 of 150” book Certificate of Authenticity.
Only 60 copies left!
$120 ppd. to anywhere in the USA (sent USPS Priority Mail)
$130 ppd. (USD) to Foreign Countries and Canada (sent via Airmail)
Immediate shipment upon receipt of payment.
Payable by Pay Pal or by Personal Check.
(Make checks payable for full amount, made out to: Paul M Newitt; and send to Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 427, Danville, CA 94526
Books can be personalized upon purchase (just mention the preferred name in your Pay Pal notes).
This is a one-time offer, available ONLY directly from the author, Paul M. Newitt.
This book is currently not available from any other source (no longer sold wholesale to other dealers). All other sellers have sold out.
The perfect Mustang gift for the Holidays!
224 full-color pages, hardbound edition, 8-3/4” x 11-1/4” wide.
Beautiful black hardcover with chrome foil logo on the front and rear!
High Quality binding; a great automotive literature investment!
Highly regarded as one of the best Ford Mustang books ever produced!
A Very Rare, Signed 50th Anniversary Limited Edition!
- History - How Southern California Car Culture Made it Happen!
- Development - How the prototype Shelby Coupe “Little Red" inspired the production of the California Mustang!
- Marketing - The GT/CS marketing plan, with rare photos and brochures.
- Production - How the San Jose Ford Plant produced the GT/CS! Marti Autoworks 1968 GT/CS - complete production data!
- Recognition - How to Identify and Authentic GT/CS.
- Restoration - How to bring your GT/CS back to life with a Concours Restoration!
- Repeat Performance - The 2007-2009 GT/CS Story, with Recognition and Performance accessories.
- GT/CS Registry - over 1,300 1968 GT/CS Mustangs listed, with Production information.
- Appendix - The “Green Hornet” Shelby prototype story, and GT/CS Collectibles.
This is the absolutely LAST offer of the entire production of 2,000 signed and numbered books!!!
When they’re gone, they’re gone!!
With thousands of GT/CS owners out there, this last edition is sure to sell out quickly!
There are no plans to reprint this book!
Due to the great popularity of the 1989 edition of this book on the Internet, after 25 years, I decided to offer a newly-revised hardbound edition. Information and photos from both the 1989, and 1996 GT/CS books were combined, with all-new research and never-before-seen photos. This is one of the most comprehensive Mustangs books ever written and published.
The driving force behind this book was the continued support, interest and
pride of ownership from the members of the GT/CS Registry since 1985. This
unique Ford Mustang, which was conceived, built and marketed exclusively for California in 1968 continues to have a strong following. This continued enthusiasm inspired Ford to produce the 2007-2009, and 2011 GT/CS. A unique feature of this book is its documentation of how 1960s California car culture influenced Ford executives in Dearborn to engineer and produce this customized limited-edition Mustang.
This is a self-published book by writer-publisher-enthusiast Paul M. Newitt.
It is also a Ford-licensed item. Paul had been the owner of a 1968 390 "S"
code Mustang GT/CS for 36 years.
Thank you!! Paul M. Newitt,
Mustang GT/CS Registrar.
Mustang Overload Mustang Overload review 2
Mustang and Ford
Purchase the book with included U.S. shipping:
Purchase the book with included international shipping:
For more information, please contact Paul directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 427, Danville, CA 94526
Basic Book Information:
• "GT/CS Registry Edition", limited to 2,000 copies.
• A Ford Licensed item
• 224 Full-Color Pages, High Quality Printing
• Over 80,000 words
• Over 400 photographs and diagrams.
• Hardbound Textured Black Cover with chrome foil GT/CS stripes impression.
• Signed and Numbered Signature Page
• Each book includes a sequentially numbered metal tag on the inside back cover
Detailed Book Information:
• A brief History of 1968
• California Car Culture
• Development of 1968 Mustang
• Lee Grey Story / Lee Iacocca Story/Timeline / The Little Red / Shelby coupe story
• Development of the "GT/Sport Coupe"
• GT/CS Production design and blueprints
• The A.O. Smith story, with fiberglass parts casting procedures
• San Jose Ford Assembly Plant story (with new photos!)
• How the GT/CS was produced
• GT/CS Marketing Story: the reveal on Feb 15th, 1968
• Advertising: brochure, postcard and TV commercials
• Complete Marti Report GT/CS production specifications
• The High Country Special Story, with new info!
• GT/CS Production changes
• DSO information, and Western States distribution
• General Recognition with "How to spot a fake"
Parts descriptions with every detail, assembly procedure, specs, part numbers, including.....
• Grille, Marchal and Lucas fog lights
• Hood and Hood pins
• Side Scoops
• Taillight panels
• Taillight wiring
• Ornamentation and stripes identification
• Factory options
• Engine specs and descriptions
• Dealer Options and Accessories
• Interior Information and codes
• Wheel Covers, Styled-Steel Wheels and Tires specifications
• Vintage 1968 High Performance parts history
Concours Restoration info, with color illustrations for restoration of....
• Undercarriage specifications with color diagrams
• Engine & Engine Bay
• Front and Rear Suspension
• Trunk Detailing
• GT/CS Stripes Application (1968 and 2007-09!)
• Concours Parts Information
Late Model GT/CS --2007-2009 History and Production
• 2007-09 development and production
• 2011 GT/CS Story
• 23 pages, 1,350 cars listed by VIN and owner car photos
• The EXP-500 "Green Hornet" prototype story
• GT/CS Collectibles